Tooth-Colored Fillings in Leesburg, VA
No one wants noticeable silver spots in their otherwise natural smile, even when it’s important for their oral health. Thankfully, Mayo Family Dentistry has other options for patients dreading large amalgam fillings in their smile line right here in Loudoun County. Instead, Dr. Stephen Mayo, Dr. Ryan Mayo, and Dr. Gregory Mayo are proud to offer tooth-colored fillings to patients of all ages. Made of quality composite resin, this restorative option rebuilds lost enamel and strengthens the tooth in a way that’s virtually invisible to an untrained eye.
The benefits of choosing lifelike composite resin fillings over more traditional materials include:
- With tooth-colored fillings, only a minimal amount of natural enamel has to be removed and the structure of the tooth is left as intact as possible.
- While amalgam fillings have a tendency to change shape when exposed to temperature (which can weaken and harm the tooth), composite resin doesn’t fall victim to these issues, resulting in much more stability.
- Tooth-colored fillings are also not as sensitive to temperature changes, giving the patient more overall comfort.
- Since composite resin works as bonding agent, it can repair issues of all shapes and sizes, including cracks and fractures in the tooth.
- With proper care and maintenance, tooth-colored fillings can last for many years.